Monday 16 February 2009

kthurm: introducing myself


Tell us please how you originally got into felting

I don’t even remember. I took a class back in college and then I played with it off and on for years. A little over a year ago my dog died and I found myself making felt as a way to deal with missing him. I can’t even really explain it. It just became what I had to do. And now it is all I want to do. I think about it all the time.

Your favorite technique


My favorite right now is wet felting but I have done a little nuno felting and I am very intrigued by it and want to do more.

Your favorite materials

Anything that has to with fiber – yarn, wool, sheep.

Favorite colours, colour mixes

Well, my favorite color is green but I love all colors and I love putting odd colors together and finding that they work!


What is your biggest challenge when it comes to running your shop?

Being seen – marketing.


What other shops out there do you love (not necessarily textile)?

I love Sarah Clemens shop, secretlentil, kjoo, naomilayne, RozArt. I could go on forever.

What item in your shop would you most like to receive as a gift if someone were shopping for you?

One of my pillows.

What are your future plans concerning felting and your shop?

To make better and better things. My head is bursting with ideas!


4 comments:

red suede kitten said...

Just gorgeous work! You and I both love dots by the look of it ;) Love your etsy shop too!

TheFeltElf said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful work.

ElenaMakesThings said...

I agree, your work is lovely!

Etsy Felting Team said...

Thanks a lot! So colorful!